Thursday, February 19, 2009

Word Processsing in my Classroom.

This one, once again has stumped me. I wasn't sure how to use Word Processing in a classroom of young children. I really want to teach Kindergarten or Preschool and at that age they are just learning their letters and how to spell. I asked my teacher today what she thought. She said that some children have some experience with computers and can find the letters to spell their name. In going off that information I would use word processing to have the children type up a story that they told me and I wrote down. This would be their story and it could take a while but it is just getting them used to finding letters on the computer and giving them experience. Now it might take a while for me to teach them about the computers if they haven't used one but it isn't going to be something I would have to do very long. Children are very bright and make me laugh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment